How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

When my father passed away all my parents money became

Customer Question

When my father passed away all my parents money became managed by trustees so apart from her state pension all her money is controlled by them so whenever she wants some money she has to ask for it. Basically what her question is, is she able to get rid of these trustees.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.

Why did your father create the Trust?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no idea and neither does my mother. It was something they were talked int by the solicitor who is the trustee
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a copy of the Trust deed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its held by the solicitor. I live with my mum and have never seen it
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Can your mother get a copy?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its a possibility. Could there be something she can do then
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

That will depend on the wording - that is why you need to get a copy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll see what we can do