How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 50191
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

My daughter has worked as assistant teacher months at a

This answer was rated:

My daughter has worked as assistant teacher for 6 months at a French School in London.2 weeks ago verbal agreement was reached for her to be permanent (with wage and other terms agreed) but as of 24th June, the School have decided to ask her to leave as they no longer need any English speaking intermediary.My daughter pointed out that it was now too late to apply for a similar post; (with summer pending - schools not interested in recruiting.) The French School offered to write an e-mail not yet received offering to pay her for summer holiday period and also to permit her to help with "holiday clubs" which she had previously agreed to do.They said our daughter may need legal advice- from where can she obtain such advice?

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today. Can I check if she has a contractual notice for termination of her employment?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand that the verbal agreement was that there would be a term's notice (unless misfeasance etc). I will check and get back to you next week.

ok thank you

Ben Jones and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I will call after midday as I am in meetings until then

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK - thanks
***** *****

Calling now