How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34896
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am a Spanish citizen (although I imagine after the Brexit

Customer Question

Hello. I am a Spanish citizen (although I imagine after the Brexit this is pretty much irrelevant), married to a British national and living in the UK over the past 14 years. Do I have the right to reside and work in the UK even if I lose my current job and even if we leave the country for several years (more than two) and return? Many thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

It is of course still too early to know what the outcome of the negotiations will be.

It is in fact most likely that any trade agreement will come with the free movement of workers....

However you will be eligible to apply for a Spouse Visa even if you have been out of the country for a while - you will however then need to go through the Indefinite Leave to Remain Route(possibly)

Please ask if you need further details