How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My ex-husband is taking me to court relief. The second

This answer was rated:

My ex-husband is taking me to court for financial relief. The second hearing was 12 weeks ago at which the judge asked for further financial information to be submitted.My solicitor has had no resonse from teh other side regarding this in particular about the shared cost ao a third valuation to be done on my deceased parents house and also full disclosure to be given by my husband regarding his finances. How long do I have to wait for an answer? Is it possible to get the case struck out after a certain amount of time?

Hi, thank you for your question. The court directions should be followed strictly to avoid delay in the proceedings. Unfortunately non-compliance with directions is not a reason to strick out an application, however if by the time the next hearing comes he still has not complied and the hearing is ineffective due to his delay and non-compliance, then you would have grounds to seek a costs order against him for a wasted hearing and should also consider whether penal notices should be attached to directions for him to comply - basically if he fails to comply and a penal notice is included in the order you can apply to court for him to be fined, assets seized or sent to prison . You may therefore wish to threaten an application for costs to encourage him to comply.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you