How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10954
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

I was recently involved in an RTC. My boyfriend was the

This answer was rated:

Hi. I was recently involved in an RTC. My boyfriend was the driver and registered keeper/owner of the vehicle. I have only just found out that the vehicle doesn't have an MOT or insurance. I am going to report it to the police. I'm currently a law student in my first year at university and I was wondering, if I report it, do I have any sort of responsibility as I knew he didn't have any MOT or insurance? Thanks

1. Dear Natalie, you would only have a potential liability if you were driving the car which was uninsured and without an MOT. As you were a passenger and your boyfriend was the driver, it is he who bears responsibility for there being no insurance or MOT. The law does not place a liability on passengers where a car is being driven without insurance or an MOT. So, you have nothing to fear here.

2. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your expert will receive no payment for answering your question.

Buachaill and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou so much.