How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

We have obtained a Judgment from the County Court in the sum

This answer was rated:

We have obtained a Judgment from the County Court in the sum of £87,000 against our neighbour for some incomplete and shoddy building work which he has not paid. He has since been questioned by the court and has stated that he does not own a property. He was made bankrupt in 2009 and is subject to a Bankruptcy Restriction Order. The house is in his wife’s name and cost £325,000 – he stated in his court questioning that he paid nothing towards the purchase of the house, but we know that from previous conversations with them both that she had neither the funds to purchase the property outright nor was her income sufficient to obtain a large mortgage (she was then earning less than £20,000 per annum). The husband has owned properties in the past. We would like to know how to find out where the purchase price of the property or the mortgage deposit came from.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Does he have any other assets?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He claims that everything belongs to his wife, but they have 2 vans, 1 car, 1 caravan and 3 pedigree cocker spaniels. He also has a mobile phone which he told the court he didn't own.
There is also a web page and Facebook account in the name of The Gundog Company. He is clearly earning money from training and breeding the dogs, as supported by testimonials etc with his name on. However, he receives EESA and PIP benefits.

Ok. You can make an application to the court that he disclose this information. You do this on form n244

The application will be referred to a judge who will decide.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What happens if he lies to the Judge? He has already misled the court in his original questioning as some of his answers were untrue e.g. he must have lied about the number of bank accounts as there must be at least one other to pay in his EESA & PIP benefits

The judge can order that he disclose a paper trail.

Does that clarify? Alex

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you.