How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I bought a model for £252 from Westbourne models on the 2nd

Customer Question

I bought a model for £252 from Westbourne models on the 2nd of may online but when I got it I did not think it was for me. So I sent it back and then we sent a email saying we have sent it and that it arrived because we had added tracking when we sent it so then we asked for a refund but he never answered are emails or calls and now it has been a month and I need help in getting the money back. Westbourne models is in Bournemouth also we have looked at the companies feedback and other people have said that they are not getting their money back to or getting the model also with no reply.
Can you advise where we could go from here to get the money.
Thank you!
from Mike Adam.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello Mike my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have already told him that but no response and we sent on the 31st of may.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Then just issue proceedings.

Does that clarify? Alex