How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I've Ben living with someone 3 years. The house is mortgaged

Customer Question

I've Ben living with someone 3 years. The house is mortgaged in his name. I put in 17.5 this andppound but cold not get mortgage due to debt. We are separating and he wants to sell the house. I want to stay. What are my rights? I am recently self employed which complicatesthings.he will nnot be reasonable about this.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How much is the property worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?

Are there any children involved?