How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My daughter is being harrased by her separated husband and

This answer was rated:

My daughter is being harrased by her separated husband and he is now threatening to break into the shared home. What would you suggest she do to protect erself.

Hi, thank you for your question. Firstly, as she is at risk due to his threats she should call the police. Thereafter, she can seek a non-molestation order (which is an injunction) to prevent him contacting or coming to the property - this can be done using form FL401 to her local family court and the court will assess whether there are grounds to make an order which will effectively exclude him from the property.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you