How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

We want to put an offer in on a house but we 't have

This answer was rated:

we want to put an offer in on a house but we don't have conformation from our mortgage broker that we have finance in place. we are 100% sure we will get the mortgage but can't prove it at this stage. Can we put an offer in on the house so we don't loose it to another buyer? If we can, how much time do we have to prove our finance?

Hi, thank you for your question. Yes, you can put in an offer for the property and it is usual practice for the estate agents to either request your agreement in principle or refer you to their internal department to carry out a quick capacity check. Either way, the estate agent can take your offer and must pass it to the vendor - it is for the vendor to decide whether to accept your offer or not.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you