How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask propertylawyer Your Own Question
propertylawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 288
Experience:  Property Solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.
Type Your Law Question Here...
propertylawyer is online now

What forms do i need to change names on house deeds?

This answer was rated:

what forms do i need to change names on house deeds ?

Hi Robert

What do you want to do exactly?

You will need to use a transfer deed TR1 in most cases. If you can provide more details then I will confirm.

Kind regards


propertylawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my father past away in january leaving everything to my brother and i. we both own half the house but i want to buy him out. before the bank agrees to a morgage they said i need to change the name on the deeds to my brother and i. Don't know what forms to go for

So is the property currently in your and your brother's names already?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no i think it's in my father's name. i delt with the probate and all went well but have not changed the deeds

Ok. So If the property is in your father's name you need to assent the property to you and your brother. The form is AS1.

Click the link for a link to the firm and guidance on how to complete the form:

You need to complete AP1 and send AP1, AS1, grant of probate and £40 registration fee to the Land Registry.

Once the property is in your joint names you can then use TR1 to transfer the property into your sole name.

I hope this helps. Do let me know if you have any further questions or queries.

Kind regards


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your time

Thanks Robert

Do let me know if you need further assistance.

Please can I ask you to accept /rate my reply. It is the way the site works for me to receive credit for helping you. Thanks.