12826847

This question is to Jo C. Barrister We spoke 2 years ago

this question is to Jo C. Barrister
We spoke 2 years ago about smuggled drugs and tobacco on 2 of my trucks and the letter I wrote. I have tried to continue our conversation so you can review all the information. have a new question which relates to all that happened ! the driver who got six months. Turns out he pleaded guilty on advise that he would get a suspended sentence ! I now would like to know if I could travel to England for a family wedding later this year. How would I find out if there is a warrant out for my arrest on arrival at immigration/passport control
Dave

It would not be immigration that would have a warrant. It would be the police.

there is only really one way to find that out though and that is to call the police station in advance that you think may have a warrant and ask.

They may not tell you over the phone. They will usually tell a firm of solicitors that they know. If you have any links with a firm of solicitors you could get them to do that for you.

Or you could put in a SAR but that is slow and doesn't always work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do not have links with any solicitors, would it be the Pole/ Bournemouth Police as the driver was convicted at Bournemouth crown court

Then your only option is to try yourself.

Just explain to them that you will negotiate an appointment to surrender voluntarily if there is a warrant. Obviously only if you intend to surrender.