How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I sold my Audi car to an Audi delear. the deal took place on

This answer was rated:

I sold my Audi car to an Audi delear. the deal took place on the 12th of June. It's still not been paid. I moved to Netherlands after selling my car. Now the GBP has lost 10% of its value, can I make them liable for my loss. Assuming that the loss is due to the late payment, which is still pending anyway

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

How much have you lost please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the transaction was for 15 500 £.Today, I am down about 1650 Euros

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

Given you are outside the UK, it may be that you can not do this online. But it may be it is just for a Defendant who is not in the UK

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that answers it thank you.

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex

Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you