How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35070
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Im having problems with my sons contact order being breached

Customer Question

Hello my name is ***** *****, im having problems with my sons contact order being breached since December 15,he only stayed 2nights. Hes was adement that I didn't go get a inforcement or as he said that's what the partner of his mother wants to disruption to his GCSE EXAMS, I personally have recently been reffered and under a neurologists shaking ec and his mother is aware im ill. To make it briefly I logged my concerns with social service yesterday, and basically got fobbed off, call caffcass,they replied there contracted by court only.
As when my son was 8 he wanted to live with me,and his mother appearance was 2 out of 8 or so court sessions. So then they took it to the bigger court in Plymouth and she got fned £10,but I got my parental responsibility, as unknown to me I didn't have that because he was born 28/01/01.Also I've contacted his school and raised concerns about his home life, and gave permission for someone in school to speak to him.Im based in Launceston Cornwall, my sons based Plymouth, any advice. Im on pip now aswell disability.
Kind regards Jason
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Please could you confirm the terms of the court orders in place?

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I have been a solicitor for more than 30 years

I shall do my best to help you but sadly I cannot tell you what you wish to hear.

Since your son is 15 and a half it is up to him what time he spends with you no matter what any orders say.

He has said that he does not wish you to take court action at this point and you need to respect that - because if you do take action he can simply say that he does not wish to have the Contact under the Order and that will be the end of the matter.

You have behaved responsible and ensured that his school will speak to him and give him support - now you need to respect his wishes and wait until he tells you that he needs your help to ensure he sees you

Please ask if you need further details