How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukvisasolutions Your Own Question
ukvisasolutions, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 67
Experience:  Immigration Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukvisasolutions is online now

I am an applicant extension of stay in the uk as the partner

This answer was rated:

I am an applicant for an extension of stay in the uk as the partner of a person present and settled in the uk.i came here on 12/12/2013.we are working with my wife and having mortgage.the problem is that i had a drink driving offence last 04/01/2016,20 m0nths disqualification and paid already my fines.can i still apply for my extension visa?can i use my IELTS result that was 31/03/2012?thank you
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok i will wait
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,

Thank you for your query.

You have two questions:

1: Driving Offence- you must apply for your extension visa before your leave expires otherwise you will become an overstayer. You have no choice but to apply. You will have to disclose your drink driving offence and the Home Office will take this into consideration when they make a decision to your case.

2: You may use your old English language certificate as confirmed in the Home Office guidance:

2.5. Applicants who already have a test certificate or result A partner or parent applying for leave to enter or leave to remain is not required to provide evidence of meeting the English language requirement if they have done so as part of a successful previous application as a partner or parent. Paragraph 32D of Appendix FM-SE provides for when this earlier test certificate or result can and cannot be used.

Please kindly rate my answer.

ukvisasolutions, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 67
Experience: Immigration Solicitor
ukvisasolutions and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you very much.i will try try to complete my papers.the expiration of my spouse visa will be on august,6.thank you very much.