How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10981
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

I'm portuguese. I came to Uk (London) January 2004 to work

This answer was rated:

Good morning !!!!
My name is ***** ***** I'm portuguese. I came to Uk (London) January 2004 to work and that's where I still. I've been employed all over these years (12 Years).
My question is: Because what's going on right now here in England (be out of EU), I would like to know if I need to get a Permanent Resident Permit to stay, where can I get it and fill it if necessary ?
Hope you can help me with the deepest information to be stable in this country .
Thank you very much !!!
Carlos Seabra

1. Dear *****os, here is a link to the application form for a Permanent Residence Card for you You should fill this in and get a Permanent Residence card. Be aware that you must have a Permanent Residence card for a period of one year before you make an application for citizenship. This is because you need to show you were visa free for a one year period before you make an application for citizenship. I would recommend that you get yourself UK citizenship if you wish to continue living in the UK. You are entitled to obtain UK citizenship because you have been living and working continuously for five years in the UK. It is perfectly permissible to hold dual British and Portuguese nationality, so you can retain your Portuguese nationality even if you acquire British nationality and a UK passport.

2. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your question.

Buachaill and other Law Specialists are ready to help you