How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Im constantly having harassment by my ex partner police have

This answer was rated:

im constantly having harassment by my ex partner police have attended twice but no help from the local authorities so kept a note of when this happened so what can i do now next to stop this ?

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-Are you in England or Wales?

-How long has this been going on for and what does your ex-partner do?

-When was the most recent incident and what happened?

-Is there a court order in relation to the child arrangements?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
england , its been going on since nov 2015 , the most recent was last night 28/6/16 threats of bottling me and if she had a gun she would use it there are no court orders to child arrangements and we are not married

Thanks for confirming. As the police do not appear to be assisting I would suggest that you consider making an application to court for a non-molestation order (an injunction) to prevent her turning up to your property and contacting you except for the purposes of child arrangement issues. A breach of a non-molestation order is a criminal offence and she will be liable for arrest. This can be done using form FL401 to your local family court. There is no court fee to pay.

At the same time, as there are existing child arrangements which are not in a court order, you should consider submitting an application for a child arrangement order so that if she prevents contact with your child you have grounds to apply to enforce the arrangements - at the moment as arrangements are directly between you this cannot be enforced. You can do this under Form C100 together with a £215 court fee to your local family court for a child arrangement order and the court can make a decision regarding the matter. For your information the Court will take into consideration the following when making a decision regarding the application:

1.The wishes and feelings of the child concerned
2. The child’s physical, emotional and educational needs
3. The likely effect on the child if circumstances changed as a result of the courts decision
4. The child’s age, sex, backgrounds and any other characteristics which will be relevant to the court’s decision
5. Any harm the child has suffered or may be at risk of suffering
6. Capability of the child’s parents (or any other person the courts find relevant) at meeting the child’s needs
7. The powers available to the court in the given proceedings

If you have any further questions regarding this please let me know. In the meantime if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you