How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have lived in a one bed flat. four years since my divorce,

Customer Question

I have lived in a one bed flat for approx. four years since my divorce, after 50 years of marriage I live in a housing group and I have abided 100% by the tenants terms of tenancy and have seeked advice from the citizens advice bureau. I am not on any kind of benefits. I pay all direct debits via direct debit on a regular basis and never been in any arrears. never had to pay rent before because I signed the house over to my ex wife. I am due to appear before the crown courts soon, in relation to an alleged offence which happened over 40 years back and has just been involved the police. I face custodial sentence. But am worried about my losing my flat. I am 77 years of age and have suffered from clinical depression for years. I also have other on going health problems and am worried I may lose my flat. Please can you advise me! Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Please confirm what type of tenancy you have and what rent you are liable for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have lived in a one bed flat for four years. Since my divorce after 50 years marriage, I signed the property over to my wife. It was paid for in cash 20 years back. It's a housing group I live with. My terms of agreement under tenancy terms relate to Loud music, annoying neighbours. Using foul language to any tenant or making threats o comments about race or gender etc. I am 77 years o f age, and am as quiet as a church mouse I live alone and rarely have any visits only from family. I face the crown court over an alleged offence 40 years ago and was concerned if they may try to terminate my tennancy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
computer in minutes
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I cannot take a phone call at the moment, but if you are able to provide the information requested I can continue to assist you.
Is the tenancy agreement with the local authority/housing association? Is it a secure or assured tenancy, or a different type?