How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34889
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have a child born in China he is now 1.5 months old.

Customer Question

I have a child born in China he is now 1.5 months old. Chinese mother and I am a the British father. We would like our child to have British citizenship. What are the steps that I must go through to achieve this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Are you named on the birth certificate of the child

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my name is ***** ***** birth certificate. Also the child's name is ***** ***** on the Birth certificate
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Then all you need to do is apply for a British Passport for your child - your child is entitled to this although it may well mean that he cannot also have Chinese Citizenship

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details