How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask chatham-chamber Your Own Question
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 11865
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Law Question Here...
chatham-chamber is online now

The company (sports and awards supplier) I was employed with

This answer was rated:

The company (sports and awards supplier) I was employed with ceased trading and I had left to begin my own firm. The company in question still has active - proposal to strike off - status.
Leading to the above, the owners had extracted all the funds and owed much monies to various suppliers and other parties, including to the owner of a lease agreement for property rent that also fell through.
This owner recently contacted me to say there were various awards left there and was i interested in taking them. I was interested, but through the correct means. Two days later, they contact me and say they have sold them to another buyer.
Now, isn't this still the old company's property and not allowed? I could really do with buying those goods in the correct way if I can.


If the landlord is owed rent by the leaseholder and leaves the premises with goods remaining, the landlord has the right to sell the goods and keep the proceeds towards monies owed to them. The landlord would appear to have a lien over the items until such time as their rent has been paid in full. In addition, the landlord would be entitled to charge a reasonable fee for storage of the items.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

chatham-chamber and other Law Specialists are ready to help you