I have been informed by a police detective constable that a

I have been informed by a police detective constable that a file of evidence is being prepared on an event which came to light in February 2016. I have never in 76 years been involved in court proceedings. My wife fears that I will cause problems for myself if I ask the police for information on the charge being made, timescale for obtaining a defence if it will be needed.

How can I help with this please?

I can call at about 3pm if that would help?

Or I can carry on online right now? Obviously the original post was yesterday so I'm not free now.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
police preparing a file a solicitor from web in phone call could not identify a charge because all activity was consesual. I have Parkinsons 11 years of drug ropinerole thought i had urges under control but failed to resist invitation from 26 yr old gr Dau Step) who has difficulties all con

Ok. So what would you like to know about this please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does the preparation of a file mean that a charge will follow?

No. Not necessarily.

It just means that they are seeking CPS advice.

It doesn't mean that a charge will flow necessarily.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if the action was invited and all was consensual what could a charge be?

It depends.

What are the facts of the offence?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was involved over a sixmonth period of inappropriate touching of 26 year old step granddaghter7 times.Parents did not make a complaint buttook to GP who informedpolice i gave full statement atpolice station held nothing back.limit of contact was touch between she from me. she removed clothes.and has epilepsy I was on drug ropinerole for parkinsons

Do you accept she is a step grand daughter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have helped look after her since she was three.

There are familial abuse offences that would cover this then.

But they won't rely on that.

They will be alleging that she didn't consent and, if this is a sexual offence, they probably will prosecute I'm afraid.