How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My question is How can I as soon as possible get changed my

This answer was rated:

My question is How can I as soon as possible get changed my son birth certificate on my surname. I am afraid that my husband will challenge to take our son from me and from the country. Last week he went to registered our son in the Senegalese consulate without my permission. When I ask why he did it, he's answer shocked me. Because he decided it. Now he is making decisions without my knowledge. I went to the birt register but they give me 2 month at least to book appointment. Please can I get help with this situation or I have to report and wait for divorce. That will be ages. Now I went back for work after the maternity leave just for 2 days. He is whit our son that 2 days. In am starting to feel like in cage, my only concern is to get my son safe and secure.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-Are you all in England or Wales?

-How old is your son?

-What are the arrangements for him?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I write to you by midday but nobody reply by that time, if you did not receive my response than I apologise for it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Myself I am from Slovak Republic and my son born here last summer, soon he will be 11 month old. At the moment I have just birth certificate like single mom and my husband name on it. We didn't went back after the marriage to re-register him in the council.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already have resident card and I try to get my son on it as well. I am 6 years in the country and from the first day until maternity leave I was working full-time. I had 3 workplace until now, the last 4 years in one place. Now I am working just 2 days when my husband is off. We didn't aply for any benefit just I receiving the child benefit. If you need anything else please let me know

Thank you for confirming. Firstly as the mother you have parental responsibility and he cannot remove your son from the country without your permission. If you think that he will be leaving with him and if he has travel documents/passport for him then you can urgently apply to court for a prohibited steps order using form C100 and a £215 court fee to your local family court to prevent the travel.

In relation to the change of name as you are married you must obtain agreement from your husband to change the name and if no agreement can be reached, you again will need to apply to court but this time for a specific issue order, again using form C100 and a £215 court fee.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you