How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10955
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

Im enquiring husband who is a jamaican national who was

Customer Question

Hi Im enquiring for my husband who is a jamaican national who was deported from the UK an returned back to Jamaica in 2006. He was shot there an fled to usa were presently being held in a D.C for passport fraud an the U.S plan to send him back to Jamaica were I fear for his life. There has been three family members murdered in the last six months an another shot three days ago.I no he cannot come back here aa he has the deportation order against him but wanted to no if he can apply to Ireland to accept him.I am british born from an irish father who was born in Ireland an wanted to no under the Irish law can he apply to them in anyway
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To be granted entry although I live in the uk
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. Dear Louise, you can get an Irish passport, based on your father being an Irishman who was born in Ireland. So too can your children obtain Irish passports. Your husband, if you have children, can apply under the Zambrano ruling of the European Court of Justice to live in Ireland or Britain as he is the father of an EU citizen child. This is how he would get the right to live and work in Ireland. However, it is essential that you have children and that you get Irish passports for them. The children can get them as they have an Irish citizen grandfather.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

2. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But he not allowed to live here in the uk as he still has deportation on him an I'm being told Ireland won't except because gw has a deportation against him in the uk
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

3. Once a deportation order has been executed, then it is spent. YOur partner can apply on a separate fresh ground, such as the fact he has EU citizen children. So your husband should make a fresh application to Ireland. As circumstances change, the decision on the visa will be different. It is true that Ireland and Great Britain pool visa applications. HOwever, so long as he has the correct grounds, he can get a visa.