How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 11068
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

I have ex treasurer of a bowles club who defruaded the

This answer was rated:

i have ex treasurer of a bowles club who defruaded the club,he owes us approx £1200,and is now selling he,s house and moving abroad,how can we put a hold on the house.

1. Dear Louis, you need to first get a judgment against this man and then attach it to his house. The law does not grant an organisation, such as your bowls club the right to attach a debt claim against a house without first getting judgment against this man. I would suggest you see a solicitor and get proceedings issued as soon as possible. Be aware that you will also be able to sue him for any consequential loss the club might have suffered as a result of the fraud. However, attaching the house is only possible if you first get judgment.

2. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your question.

Buachaill and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you