How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JG_Legal Your Own Question
JG_Legal, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 47
Experience:  Experience of consumer law, financial regulation and criminal law.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JG_Legal is online now

My brother is accused of physical aggression against s girl

This answer was rated:

Hi my brother is accused of physical aggression against his girl friends his hearing is in an hr with a private lawyer from hagowel ( probably not. A good firm) she said she will get him out on bail most likely . I would like to appoint the best lawyer on this case.

I'm a criminal defence barrister. I can help with this.

However, first, can you please clarify your question. I don't know what you're asking.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the best option at hand ?

It sounds like your brother was charged yesterday and this is his first appearance at the magistrates court. He will be asked to enter a guilty or not guilty plea. If he enters a guilty plea he will be likely sentenced in 3 weeks time. If he enters a not guilty plea his lawyer will fill out a PET form (preparation for effective trial). His trial will most likely be in 2 months or so.

In any event, he will want bail. The most important consideration, without knowing any facts, is that he is able to give the court a bail address to live while he is on bail - an address where his girlfriend does not also reside.

What do you want advice on?

JG_Legal and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you