How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71053
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I was convicted of theft from my former employer I served 7

This answer was rated:

I was convicted of theft from my former employer
I served 7 months if a 2 year sentence.
My benefit figure was set at £500,000, my POCA figure was £75k which my husband remortgaged our home to pay this back.
My parents want to name me as the beneficiary of their property etc, can the CPS confiscate this from me bearing in mind my benefit figure?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just noticed my e-mail address is wrong.Should be:***@******.***

Have you paid back the sum of the judgement ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HiI gave paid back £75k as that was all my assets at that time.
Was that the deemed recoverable amount?
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it wasRegardsKaren

You ready now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I tried earlier. Can you talk now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

All the best