How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I have been living with an alcoholic who has become totally

This answer was rated:

I have been living with an alcoholic who has become totally unstable to a point where it is not safe to live with her. I need to get her removed from my home as she will not leave, she is a threat to the neighbours as well as myself. where do I get help to remove her from my home.

Hi, thanks for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-what is her relation to you?

-does she have a tenancy agreement, if so what is the length and when does it expire?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tina Sorrell was my partner and has lived in my home for 8 years.
I pay the mortgage and she does not have a tenancy agreement.

Are you married and do you have children together, if so how old and what are the proposed arrangements for them?

Is her name on thr title of the property ?

Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No we are not married and do not have children together.
no her name is ***** ***** the title of the property

Thank you for confirming and apologies as this response appeared to have been archived.

Given that you are not married, have no children together and her name is ***** ***** the title of the property she no longer has a right to occupy the property and therefore you can request that she leaves by giving her reasonable written notice to vacate. If she does not leave by the date you request then she will be trespassing and the police can assist to remove her given that she no longer has rights to live in the property.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She has paid for improvements on my home that have ultimately improved the value of my house i.e. conservatory, kitchen and bathroom. If this went to court would I be expected to pay her back some / all of her outlay.

In order to be successful she will need to show that there was a formal agreement, arrangement or intention that she would be compensated for her contribution to the property.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK that is extremely helpful and I am grateful for your help.
As I never received a phone call can I assume the second payment taken from my account will be reimbursed.
Obviously the first payment I am fine with as you have been very helpful.

I will refer it to customer services as I was not notified that there was a phone call request.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you