How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10955
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

Dear to your answer-The previous owner was the ghway

This answer was rated:

Dear Buachaill Follow up to your answer-The previous owner was the Highway Authority- until the land was Stopped up- it has never been in the ownership of the applicant who obtained the Planning Permission. Do I now under stand that ownership is transferred to the applicant who obtained the Planning & Stopping up permissions? After his application for Adverse Ownership was withdrawn?? Best regards P.M.H.

1. Dear P.M.H, The only way the ownership can be transferred to the applicant would be if the Highway Authority sold the land to him. Otherwise, once he has withdrawn his adverse possession claim, he does not own the land. A stopping up permission does not give any claim to ownership. The land remains in the ownership of the Highway Authority.

2. Please Rate the answer to this Question and the other question I answered today for you as unless you Rate the answer your Expert does not receive payment for answering your questions.

Buachaill and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you