How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My father recently passed away, and we are trying to sort

Customer Question

My father recently passed away, and we are trying to sort out his Estate. Unfortunately he had no will,but everything would be split between myself and my brother as his dependants. he was born in a different country , and died there, but had a bank account here , and they have advised that they need a letter stating we are trustees of his estate. Is this something that can be done here?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JG_Legal replied 1 year ago.

I'm a barrister practising in London. I can help with this.

When you say, can this be done here, do you mean in the UK or by JustAnswer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In the UK, please
Expert:  JG_Legal replied 1 year ago.

I see. Have you applied for letter of administration from the Probate Registry?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I do that here even though he wasn't born or lived in the UK?
Expert:  JG_Legal replied 1 year ago.

Where was he born? Where did he die?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He was born in Malawi, and died there. I have his death certificate here in the uk