How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My builder breached our agreed contract an extension to my

Customer Question

My builder breached our agreed contract for doing an extension to my house. He trades as a limited company. I have had an independent building surveyors report commissioned and essentially it will cost me thousands of pounds to correct the dodgy work he has done.
Moving forward if I issue him with a notice to liquidate unless he pays me the amount £ owed to complete the contract and carry out remedial work say within a 7 day period can he simply ignore this notice and chose to close his business overnight?
Would I then Need to go to court to apply for a compulsory liquidation ?
Could he continue to trade while I am pursuing the compulsory liquidation?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Why are you seeking to wind up rather than get a county court judgment?

How much are you claiming please?