How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I need advice to recover nearly £5000 from an ex friend. I

Customer Question

I need advice to recover nearly £5000 from an ex friend. I have an agreement, dated April 2016, signed by him that he would repay monies owed since 2012-2013. To date he has not kept to the repayment plan giving various excuses, he did the same in 2012-2013. The gentleman concerned plead guilty to fraud and deception in October 2015 but the monies owed were not included in the case. My only income is disability living allowance and employment support.
susan Bowles
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Initially I would suggest that you write a formal letter to him requesting settlement of the debt by a certain reasonable date. If it is not settled then you can pursue an application to the small claims court here:

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already looked into Small Claims Court and have written to the person concerned requesting my money back. He has a habit of ignore requests for payments. The nature of my disability makes it difficult for me to cope with the baffling paperwork involved and the person concerned is well aware of this. I have just paid £47 to get an answer to my question i can not afford another £57. I am living on disability living allowance and employment support