How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34897
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Local authorities took my brothers son from family nearly 2

Customer Question

Hi, local authorities took my brothers son from family nearly 2 months ago. I'm aunt of this child. Soc.workers say to me that I don't like them ( I say just hello and bye to them) and they will do assessment for me only if a court will ask. Guardian said that I have to agree with what I never seen- that child's mother hit him. I can't agree or disagree what I never seen. Then she said if I will not agree- she can't trust me...Child are coming to nearly each contact with new bruises or scratches, but guardian and soc.workers say that child is very happy in lovely English family. Child scaring to talk with us, because as he explain- fosters will lock him in a box or will hit him. Can I do something to get a care of this child? He is really harmed now, and nobody don't care...thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first

How old is the child and which is your country of origin?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Child is 4y old, originally we are from Lithuania. Child speaking Lithuanian and English languages are very limited.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

What family is there back in Lithuania?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Family live in UK, going to courts, to contact with a child 3t/week.Child are coming to almost every contact with new bruises or scratches...Child is placed in foster care family. In uk live grandmother and aunt of this child. Child stopped speak with all of us on the contact time. He answering " i really cant". Today he said that lady will hit him if he will speak to us. In a nursery child said to his friend that foster carers locked him in a box, he can't have a food and even drink. They took the child from his family because as they explain- child said that his mum hit him to his bottom. Now soc workers send a pictures with a bruises and scratches ( which child have in foster care family) to the court, and explain that this is how mum hit him. Parents have a solicitors, we know all the dates which contact he come to with each of new bruise or scratch, just my question is- there is any chance to do something for me (aunt), because child is abused already, but nobody don't care. How I can get a care of this child asap ? I can't wait until they will emotionally kill this boy. Thank you
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

I am afraid that unless you are willing to say that you accept that the mother could have hit the child then you will not be considered as an alternative carer for the child.

It will not be enough to say it once - you will need to convince the Guardian that you really do accept this and will protect the child from his parents.

The other option is to involve the Embassy and ask for any family still in Lithuania to be considered as long term carers of the child

I am sorry - but these are the only options unless the child is returned to the care of the parents

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that's mean I have to say- yes, child's mother hit him, doesn't matter that I never seen it??? I say to the Guardian that if a child said that, it means there is possibility that mother hit him, and all what I want to do- is to protect and care about this child. But she say to me, that I have to agree that mother hit him. Last court hearing asked to do viability assestment first me until the 7th of July, but now only 2 days letft and Guardian didn't contacted me. Is this normal that child say " mummy hit me " they removing child, but when child in a foster carers is emotional damaged, almost every contact with new bruises or scratches- nobody don't know where it come from or what's going on? Thank you
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

I am afraid that none of what has happened is unusual

The Parent's solicitors can challenge the standard of care that the child is currently getting - but unless you say that you accept that the mother hit the child since that is what the child has said you will not be successful in becoming a carer for the child.

Look at it this way - you cannot say you believe what he says about the foster carers but not what he says about his mother - think hard about whether you can do it for the sake of the child. If you can then make the guardian believe in your change of heart