How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I live with my mother. If she has to go in a home do I have

This answer was rated:

I live with my mother. If she has to go in a home do I have any rights to stay in the house please. I am 57.

Hi, thanks for your question. Just a few more details please:

-How long have you lived there?

-Whose name is ***** ***** in?

-What is the value of the property and outstanding mortgage?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
5 years. Property in mother's name. No mortgage. House worth £300, 00

Do you have any disabilities?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. In the current circumstances, her property will be considered as part of a means assessment if she were to go into a care home and as it there is over £23,250 capital she will have to pay full fees and if she cannot then she will need to consider selling the property.

However, if you reach 60 and you continue to occupy the property and she goes into a care home after this, then the home will not be considered as part of a means assessment.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you