How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12179
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I am trying to move to England to work railway. I am a

This answer was rated:

I am trying to move to England to work for the railway. I am a locomotive engineer in canada right now.
Am I eligible to apply for dual citizenship? My date of birth is Sept 12 1968, born in canada. Both of my parents were born in Belfast northern Ireland. Does that make them British subjects or Citizens?
Can I still apply for a British EU passport even though Britain my be leaving the EU.
If I am a British subject, what work/Living restrictions are There?
Is Canada a qualifying territory?
British subjects from the "Republic of Ireland" can apply for citizenship. I am wondering do I apply for an Irish passport to make the process easier?
My Canadian common law wife will be coming with me, what restrictions does she have/Requirements/paperwork Needed?
I have been on may websites and emailed people and get no answers just more links that don't make any sense, I need answers that I understand.
Is it worth hiring someone to expedite/make the process easier? I have all the required documents from my parents.

As your parents were born in the United Kingdom you are a British Citzen by descent. You can register as a British citizen. That means you can apply for a UK passport. It will be a UK EU passport as the UK is at the moment still part of the EU. There would be no living or working restrictions as you are as a matter of law a British citizen by descent. As regards ***** ***** in the first instance she would have to apply for a spouse visa and thereafter for indefinite leave to remain. You should be able to make the applications yourself by using the forms on the website.

JGM and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the process for my wife to get a visa