75100385

Ive recived a letter to say my van has been caught driving

ive recived a letter to say my van has been caught driving at 74mph in a 60 mph on a A road what should I do about this and whats the punishment going to be ive had my liscence two years

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Do you have anything else on your licence?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi its ***********
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi alex I have a clean licence

Ok - let me look at the rules. Alex

Tried calling twice and it goes to voicemail

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi my phone has full service and signal however I am inside let me try going outside if you could try again in a couple of minutes thankyou

Ok.

Tried again, do you have a landline?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I appear to be having issues with my phone are we able to continue with the chat im currently working away from home so don't have access to another phone

Sure. Ok - 74mph in a 60mph zone if it went to Court you would get, if pleaded guilty, a fine and 3 points.

You wont get any more than this at the sentencing guidelines say 61-80mph is 3 points.

So you wont get put back down to provisional.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would this be likely to go to court ?
this is the first time ive had contact with the police to , so has worried me as being a young driver already incurs higher insurance etc

It may not do, they might offer you speed awareness although I suspect you were going too fast for that.

You may get higher insurance but you are usually allowed 1 speeding ticket.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is it more likely to go to court ?, looking at the bigger picture youd expect a fine and 3 points

Fine and 3 points. It may go to Court yes because of the speed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay thanks
what happens now as ive payed for both online and phone call

I dont have access to billing I am sorry, if you have a question you need to ask customer services. Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you able to confirm to them that we had no communications over the phone then and i shall contact them just now
thankyou
callum

Yes we did this online only. Alex