How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am a US citizen, but spend the summers in the Cotswolds of

This answer was rated:

I am a US citizen, but spend the summers in the Cotswolds of UK. I entered this year on May 1st and am scheduled to leave Oct. 1st. My mother has had an accident and I may need to fly home within this month. Because I have a rental flat, I would like to go home and then fly back after a few weeks to take my original flight home in Oct. Will I have any problem coming back into the UK? I know that if you are in the UK for 6 months, you cannot return for another 6 months. Does that apply to less than 6 months. I am not here on business, just pleasure and do not have a visa. Marilyn Honea
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i can wait a bit longer. thanx
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,

Hello Marilyn my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

The Border Control will want to make sure you are a genuine tourist. Therefore if you can show that you have stayed for previous years and that evidence your mum is ill, there should be no issue.

The test is just are you a genuine tourist and if so, do you intend to return home at the end of your stay.

If you satisfy that test it is not an issue.

The 6 month rule does not apply for less than 6 months, but of course if you come over and keep going back and forth that may raise an issue.

Once will be fine, maybe even twice.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you