How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

How do I remedy a one word typing error to particulars of

This answer was rated:

How do I remedy a one word typing error to particulars of claim if it seriously affects understanding of claim being made?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Could you please explain your situation a little more?
Have proceedings been issued?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is not clear whether you will charge me another £38.00 or the refundable £38.00 will be credited to the telephone conversation. Please help clarify for me to make decision on taking the offer or not. Money claim application form was sent to Tribunal Court on 4/07/2016, understand it could still be awaiting court filing and a court number to be issued before copy is sent to defendant.

The offer is an additional cost if you want a phone call but we an keep this online.

Just to be clear, the claim has NOT yet been served or sent to the Defendant?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it has NOT yet been served, the court said it takes approximately 5 days before serving the defendant

Ok - then you can amend WITHOUT an application before it is served.

It is ONLY where the claim form has been served do you need permission of the Court.

So make the amendment now, you will be ok
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I do it, over the phone the court said once received the application is in their hands and at the moment difficult to attend to as it does not have an identifying court number. They also say I can not come to them. How would I get court permission in the event that they serve defendant, do I have to complete and file in N244 or other?

You write and submit a new clam. You don't need form n244 because it's not a formal application.

Does that clairfy? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you but what would I do with that already submitted, do I withdraw it using what form application?

No you just write and ask that it is replaced. You don't need to make a formal application.

Does that clairfy? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you very much, I really appreciate and will do that.

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you