How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I was born and lived in the uk yrs now living in Australia.

Customer Question

I was born and lived in the uk for 35 yrs now living in Australia.
My children. First born was born in the uk 1995, and 2nd and 3rd born were born in Australia, 1995 and 2000.
I understand my 2nd and 3rd born are automatic cutizens of uk. Do I still have to apply for their citizenship on a MN1 form or can I just apply for a passport for them.
Can you please advise as the guidance is conflicting. Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 1 year ago.


both your children are British Citizens by descent so you simply go ahead and apply for their British passports. You do not need to register them as British which is what form MN1 is about.

all the best