How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35073
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I'm separated about 13 years I want to get divorce sorted

Customer Question

I'm separated about 13 years I want to get divorce sorted wat do I do
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:
-Are you in England or Wales?
-How old are you both?
-How long have you been married?
-Do you have any children together, if so their ages and proposed arrangements?

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

Since you have lived apart for more than five years you can apply for a divorce based on that ground - no matter how old you are or whether or not you have children.

You can find the forms that you need here

(here if you are in Scotland)

You will need your marriage certificate (available from the local Registry Office to where you married) and the address of your ex.

If you do not know where your ex lives then you need to do your best to trace them, instructing an Enquiry Agent if necessary.

If you still cannot find your ex you can still go ahead but will need to ask the court for permission to go ahead without serving your ex using this form

and paying an extra fee of £50

Please ask if you need further details