How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

FAO Alex Watts: I have 2 tenants sharing and put an Assured

This answer was rated:

FAO Alex Watts : I have 2 tenants sharing and put an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement in place commencing July 2012 which on expiry July 2013 I extended to a monthly rolling Periodic Tenancy. With the Original Tenancy Agreement I issued a Section 21 letter.
One of the Tenants has now moved out and the remaining Tenant has asked for a new agreement to be sent. I think that this is to do with the state benefits she receives.
Can I just take the agreement paperwork strike out the tenant who has left, initial as appropriate and write a cover letter to that effect? Is this acceptable?
Or do I need to create a new agreement getting everything re-signed and a new section 21 letter which I understand now cannot be sent until for months after the start of the agreement?
Thanks Pete

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Just to be clear, you are just amending the contract to show 1 tenant in total?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, just amending the number to show 1 tenant.

What is your number and I will give you a call?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

07967 579179

Apologies I was in Court. When would be good to call?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No worries.

09:45 - 10:45

or after 13:30

would be excellent if convenient to you.



Ok Pete. Alex

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you