How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34902
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I was born Louise Traher in the United Kingdom. I married in

This answer was rated:

I was born Alison Louise Traher in the United Kingdom. I married in 1988 and became known as Alison Louise Traher Davis. I divorced Mr Davis in 1998. I have been known since 1998 as Alison Louise Traher. My passport is in that name, as is my driving licence and my utility bills.
At no time did I seek to have my name 'changed back' by deed poll.
I now wish to re-marry. Can I do so on my current documents?

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

You are in fact free to revert to your maiden name as you have done without needing a Deed Poll.

You can indeed get married using your current documents

Please ask if you need further details

Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Clare. That was all I needed to know at this time.Have a great day.Regards, Alison