How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My husband has a consent order and we would like to find out

This answer was rated:

Hello, my husband has a consent order and we would like to find out if the financial review referred to in the Introductory section (the bit before it goes on to say 'with effect from decree absolute it is ordered that') is enforceable given on first application to the court the judge revoked it and asked for the consent order to be resubmitted with the financial review wording taken out of the main body of the order.

Hi, thank you for your question. The details and information included in the recitals of the order are usually issues and agreements that the court has no jurisdiction to order, but are agreed between the parties. It is usual for these recitals to be agreed by parties giving an undertaking to the court that they will be carried out and if it is breached then the affected party can apply to court for breach of the undertaking.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The annual review period passed last month and the ex wife did not ask for the financial review. Is the onus on her to ask if there was an increase in income? If she asks in three years time would any retrospective increases, had the reviews taken place, been owe?

Can you attach the consent order please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If his income goes up I want to know if he definitely needs to pay his ex wife more towards children. If I want a baby any increase would be nice to keep for ourselves!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I currently have no children and my husband has no other children other than the three with is ex wife

Is your question in relation to paragraph 12?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks - in relation to child maintenance arrangements, as part of a consent order after 12 months either of you can apply to the Child Maintenance Service for a recalculation of child maintenance and their calculation takes precedence over whatever has been agreed in the consent order.

From the contents of paragraph 12, it is not automatic and the Respondent must provide the Applicant the listed documents for a calculation to be agreed. Despite what it says in paragraph 12, legally after 12 months if his circumstances have changed and the CMS calculation is less than the child maintenance amount in the consent order, he should apply directly to the CMS for a calculation which will take precedence.