How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Next door to us are building a chicken coop. How far away

This answer was rated:

Next door to us are building a chicken coop. How far away from my property by law should it be, as it will be very close
to my kitchen diner window, and fence?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Is it within 3 meters of your property?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My husband has measured the distance as just over 3 meters.

Ok - then it wont come under the Party Wall Act. If it is under 3 meters then it may require a notice.

As such its ok subject to any planning conditions.

You need to speak with your local Council and see if they have any planning regulations for this. If not then its bad news - they can build it.

If you are disturbed by it then you may have cause to complain to the Council.

But check with them re planning restrictions, if any
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info. Next step will be to contact the Council. I'll leave it for now. Thanks