How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I am a mother and have full custody of my son. I divorced my

This answer was rated:

I am a mother and have full custody of my son. I divorced my husband and he admitted dv. He has access once a fortnight. I told him I am moving to Liverpool from Tamworth and he is very angry. He's asked about my sons new school which I have given him the information. He's now demanding my new home address which he doesn't need as I have agreed to meet him for pick up and dip off. Do I legally have to give my address to him?

Hi, thank you for your question. As you were married the father also has parental responsibility and therefore should have been consulted regarding the move to Liverpool and the change of schools and he has a right to be involved in such decisions.

If there is no reason for him to have your address, for example to collect or return your son after contact then there is no need to give it to him but he does have a right to continue to be involved in his upbringing and I would suggest that you keep an open line of communication between you for your son's benefit.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you