How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3840
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

I have an outstanding loan in UAE and have become sick and

This answer was rated:

I have an outstanding loan in UAE and have become sick and am no longer able to work and pay the loan,can they come after my assets here in uk
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also have been approached by email from a company called coulee white Devine telling me they will take me to court if not paid in 21 days,can they do this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Coyle white Devine not couled

Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Have they provided any evidence on how the loan has arisen? Have they said they have purchased the debt? Do you have any assets in the UK? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At the minute they are just saying they are acting on behalf of the bank,and no they havnt provided any evidence yet as how the loan has arisen but I'm sure I signed documents,yes I do have assets in the uk,should I contact this coyle white Devine or what is the best way for me to move forward assuming they do have evidence.Regards Paul

Hi, Thank you. I would contact them and say the following:

- Say that it is a criminal offence to unlawfully harass someone for debt under S.40 Administration of Justice Act 1970;

- Say that they have provide no evidence of the debt or that it is even enforceable in the UK;

- Say you are in no position to consider anything they say when they have clearly made no effort to substantiate their claims;

- Say if they contact you again with such spurios claims you reserve the right to report them to the SRA.

If they sue you in the UK, you will have to respond and defend the claim. Ultimately it is their client's prerogative to bring such a claim.

Kind regards AJ

Alex J. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you