How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have rented a property which they have now sub letted. I

Customer Question

I have rented a property which they have now sub letted. I have instructed my estate agent to send them a letter in early June for the people who are illegally leaving in my house to leave by the 21st of June but they are still there. The family which originally rented (husband, wife snd her sister) no longer leave there.. They have broken all the window locks in my house. The husband is willing to sign to come out of the premises but the ex wife (now separated) and the sister are refusing to sign.. Can i call the police and demand that the people who are illegally into the property come out immediately? (Is the sisters that are subletting).. Also.. Although they have a contract with me are they in breach of contract by stealing the propertyband subletting? If they are in breach of contract do i still need to give them 2 months notice. They have broken all window locks and the property is so bad us unrecognisable. Can u tell me what my rights are as a landladybto get them out asap?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Does the tenancy agreement say that they must not sub-let please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok, the Police wont do anything this is a civil matter.

You need to write and ask them to leave or say you will get a Court order.

You need to serve a Section 8 notice which means they have 2 weeks to leave.

If they do not then you MUST get an order for possession.

You can do this by completing form N5:

The Court will list the matter and decide whether to order possession.

If the Court does and they do not leave then you can get bailiffs to evict.

But you MUST MUST MUST get a Court order for possession before you can evict.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: