How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71159
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I've recently split from my partner. I am currently awaiting

Customer Question

I've recently split from my partner. I am currently awaiting trial for criminal damage - this was recently adjourned. I am currently on bail with the conditions being:
1. I must not contact my ex partner directly or indirectly through a third party
2. I must not visit her street.
Along with my fellow director I run my own CCTV business.
Whilst we were together I had a number of belongings at her house including 2 expensive CCTV cameras with an online retail value of £1,000.
She sold these cameras for £75 each on her ebay account. This was without my permission or knowledge. I haven't nor has the company received any payment for these cameras.
We have substantial evidence that she's sold these. Screen shots of her ebay account, showing serial numbers of the camera plus our original invoice showing serial numbers.
We started the ball rolling to initiate a county court summons as soon as my criminal trial was completed on the 28th June. This included two letters sent by my business partner on behalf of the limited company, which went un-responded to and a letter before action from a solicitor. She has reposnded to the solicitors letters with the following:
''...I am just informing you that this a long complicated issue that is currently under serious investigation by the police and I have been instructed by them not to reply to your client.''
Firstly, I am unaware of the cameras being under investigation by the police. Secondly, I can not imagine the police giving any instruction on a civil matter.
However, my main question is this. Am I or would I be in breach of my bail conditions if the company proceeded and issued a CCS? I would have to be the main witness in the County Court.
Thanks in advance.
Neil McDonald
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Do you mean a CCJ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi sorry - I meant issuing a county court summons. Hopefully, resulting in a CCJ in our favour.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

I see.

No, that is not harassment.

There is a case called Waxman that suggested that issue against a person can amount to harassment but that was a different type of circumstance. It involved a long standing campaign of harassment and the act of issuing was a vexatious one.

Young ladies cannot escape their liabilities in law by making false allegations of harassment.

They cannot even do that by making allegations of rape or domestic abuse although they do find that very useful when they want to obstruct contact or evict a person from a home for which they pay.

Please dont worry. Get the CCJ and then use it against her in the course of any other allegation she makes.

Can I clarify anything for you?