How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35047
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am separating from my wife and not divorcing and I am not

Customer Question

Hi. I am separating from my wife and not divorcing and I am not sure how to fill the section A of the D84 form.
I am not sure what boxes to tick.
The petitioner applies for a □ decree nisi/ conditional order of□ divorce
□ dissolution
□ nullity in this case
□ judical separation decree/ order in this case
Do I tick the first box □decree nisi as well as the □judical separation box or just the judical separation box?
Hope you can help.
Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first.

For clarity what have you actually applied for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am applying for separation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please see the attachment for more details.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank is fine - you have completed it correctly

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. So I am not suppose to tick the first box Petitioner applies for decree nisi?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

No that is for Divroces only