How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10777
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

If a parent wishes to invest funds owned by their child, a

This answer was rated:

If a parent wishes to invest funds owned by their child, a minor of 12years, for the benefit of that child - who needs to be the counter party(s) to the investment agreement ? Is it just the parent, or the parent and child ?


Thanks for your enquiry.

Is the proposed investment to comply with a Will Trust or other Trust, or is the parent just wanting to invest the child's own money?

I look forward to hearing from you.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The parent just wants to invest the child's own money

Thanks for your reply.

The investment would need to be made in the name of the parent- and designate on the application form that you are holding them on behalf of a child (by adding the child’s name or initials to the form).

A lot of Management/Investment Companies have plans specifically for children, so you are best to look into one of these.

I hope this assists and sets out the legal position.

Kind Regards


Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** what I needed to know