How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I want to challenge the continued existence of a Certificate

Customer Question

I want to challenge the continued existence of a Certificate of Lawful Use and Development that I believe has been breached both in terms of the area being used and the activities that are being undertaken. The Council keeps on ignoring my approaches telling me that they are happy that matters are in order. I have asked for details of the process for formally challenging this approach but am not receiving a response. I therefore want to write, detailing my case.
Do I write detailing my arguments seeking a response within say 10 working days?
If the response is negative or not forthcoming do I enter the councils complaints procedure or do I threaten Court action?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

Could you explain your situation in a little more detail please? If you do decide to take the council to court, there is no legal aid, would you be able and willing to fund that litigation?